Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LITTLE RONNIE!

LITTLE RONNIE - A Special Gift!
I will never forget the day that "Little Ronnie" came into my life! I was a mentor coordinator with Big Brothers Big Sisters at the time and I ran school-based mentoring programs in local high schools and elementary/middle schools.
I would give PEZ away as my business card, I would give PEZ to every new mentor that attended my mentor trainings, and I would give every BIG and LITTLE in the program a PEZ at the end of the year celebration.
This end of the year would be different. A co-worker raised money from BBBS Staff, freinds, and mentors. Once the money was collected, an artist was commissioned to make a Pez Dispenser with my face on it. (Hence the name "Little Ronnie").
When I was presented with this PEZ, I was shocked. It was a very touching moment for me because that was such a thoughtful gift to give me. Even though this is not a PEZ made from the PEZ factory, it is one of my most cherished PEZ.
(Note: In collector terms, this is a "Fantasy Pez." This means that the head on the PEZ Stem is not made in any PEZ factory and is not sanctioned by the PEZ Company to be a true Pez Dispenser. The PEZ legal department may not like "Little Ronnie," but it means a lot to me and is a center piece in my collection as a personal favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment