Sunday, May 16, 2010

The World's Most Bizarre Collections

A Time Magazine On-Line Photo Essay











Photo by: Daryn Slover of the Lewiston Sun Journal/AP


Candy Land

The basement of Ron Hood's home in Lewiston, Maine, has been fitted to display his collection of Pez dispensers and merchandise. He currently has more than 3,000 Pez items but noted in a 2008 interview that "my collection is considered very small in Pez-collector circles."


The above item was brought to my attention via an e-mail message on the Pezheads on-line group that I belong to. Crazy isn't it? I had no idea that I was being featured until it was on the Time Magazine website. I suppose it was a slow news day and they had room to spare, so here I am! It was a good 5 minutes of fame for me and a lot of my friends were so happy that I was featured. But all I kept saying was, I could list a dozen or more Pez Collectors that have larger collections than mine, and are way more bizarre than I am. (Note to PezHeads--- And you know who you are!).

After many people wanting to know what Pez I had, and which are my favorite, I decided to just begin a Pez Web Journey becasue I love Pez for many different reasons, so if you care to read about my Pez addiction, here is the place to begin.

My goal, which is a high bar to set, is to feature one Pez per day and write a little something about that Pez. So I hope you will join my geek-filled world and enjoy the World of PEZ with me! Who knows what this blog will become, but just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

Ron Hood
"The Pez Man"
thepezcollector@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment